Oh! Susanna, també coneguda com a Banjo on my knee, és una cançó americana del gènere del minstrel show composta per Stephen Foster i publicada per primer cop a Cincinnati l'any 1848. Amb el pas del temps s'ha convertit en un símbol dels Estats Units.
- Oh I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee,
- I'm going to Louisiana, my true love for to see
- It rained all night the day I left, the weather it was dry
- The sun so hot I froze to death; Susanna, don't you cry.
- Oh, Susanna, don't you cry for me
- For I come from Alabama,
- With my banjo on my knee.
- I had a dream the other night when everything was still,
- I thought I saw Susanna coming up the hill,
- The buckwheat cake was in her mouth, the tear was in her eye,
- I said I'm coming from Dixieland, Susanna don't you cry.
- I soon will be in New Orleans
- And then I'll look around
- And when I find my gal Susanne,
- I'll fall upon the ground.