John Ramsey McCulloch
|John Ramsey McCulloch|
|Naixement||1 de març de 1789
|Mort||11 de novembre de 1864 (als 75 anys)
|Alma mater||Universitat d'Edimburg|
|Ocupació||economista i historiador|
Obres[modifica | modifica el codi]
- An Essay on a Reduction of the Interest of the National Debt, 1816.
- "On Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy and Taxation", 1818, Edinburgh Review
- "Taxation and the Corn Laws", 1820, Edinburgh Review
- "The Opinions of Messrs. Say, Sismondi and Malthus, on Effects of Machinery and Accumulation", 1821, Edinburgh Review
- "On Combination Laws, Restraints on Emigration, &c.", 1824, Edinburgh Review
- "Political Economy", 1824, Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- "French Law of Succession", 1824, Edinburgh Review.
- A Discourse on the Rise, Progress, Peculiar Objects and Importance of Political Economy, 1824.
- The Principles of Political Economy, with a sketch of the rise and progress of the science. 1825.
- An Essay on the Circumstances which Determine the Rate of Wages and the Condition of the Working Classes, 1826.
- "On Commercial Revulsions", 1826, Edinburgh Review
- "Abolition of the Corn Laws", 1826, Edinburgh Review
- "On Poor Laws", 1828, Edinburgh Review
- "Rise, Progress, Present State, and Prospects of the British Cotton Manufacture", 1827, Edinburgh Review.
- "Introduction" to An Inquiry Into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith, (ed. J.R. McCulloch), 1828.
- "Jones on the Theory of Rent", Edinburgh Review, 1831.
- Principles, Practice and History of Commerce, 1831.
- "Chalmers on Political Economy", 1832, Edinburgh Review.
- A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical and Historical of Commerce and Commercial Navigation, 1832.
- A Descriptive and Statistical Account of the British Empire, exhibiting its extent, physical capacities, population, industry, and civil and religious institutions. 2 volumes, 1837
- Statements Illustrative of the Policy and Probable Consequence of the Proposed Repeal of the Existing Corn Law, 1841.
- The Literature of Political Economy, 1845.
- The Works of David Ricardo, Esq. with a notice of the life and writings of the author (ed. J.R. McCulloch), 1846.
- A Treatise on the Succession to Property Vacant by Death, 1848.
- A Treatise on Metallic and Paper Money and Banks, 1858
- Treatises and Essays, 1859.
- A Treatise on the Principles and Practical Influence of Taxation and the Funding System, 1863.