Welcome to the page of the WikiProject:SIOR. In collaboration with Amical Wikimedia the objective of this project is to use knowledge which analyzes and reproduces SIOR to spread it in Wikipedia and expand the coverage in certain fields on the basis of scientific knowledge generated by the research.
Social Impact Open Repository[modifica]
Achieving impact is a growing demand from society to science and to scientists, but this information had not yet been systematically gathered and registered. SIOR is the first open access worldwide repository that evaluates, displays, shares and stores the social impact of research results. SIOR is a non-profit initiative focused to enhance scientific research with social impact.
The article "A review of literature on evaluating the scientific, social and political impact of social sciences and humanities research" published in Research Evaluation, collects different definitions in order to clarify the diverse concepts that may lead to confusion when people seek for what "social impact" stands for.
- Scientific impact: refers to scientific and academic publication of research results including citations to publications
- Dissemination: in addition to having been published scientifically, results are made known, both to the scientific community, as well as to policymakers, stakeholders and citizens in general (i.e. press, social media, networks, etc).
- Knowledge transfer: when the published and disseminated results are taken up by policymakers and/or social actors as the basis for their policies and/or actions regardless of whether they have made social improvements or not.
Thus, social Impact materializes when the results that have been published, disseminated and transferred, lead to an improvement in relation to the objectives prioritized by society. In the case of Europe, these relate to the objectives of the EU2020 Strategy and globally, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
According European Commission(H2020), there is an urgent need to put science at service of society ("Science with and for society"). SIOR is an open tool that provides the evaluation for research fields such as:
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences
- Life and Agriculture Sciences
- Clinical Medicine and Pharmacy
- Social Sciences
- Arts and Humanities
Researchers, by providing description and evidences of the results their projects have achieved, are able to measure the social impact their results have reached, offering all citizens alternatives that answer to worldwide concerns such as European targets and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Social Impact Evaluation and Scores[modifica]
To provide an accurate evaluation, SIOR uses different criteria to measure research results social impact:
- how results are connected to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the objectives of the EU2020 Strategy or other official social targets
- how these results have demonstrated an improvement in regards to the initial situation (before the beginning of a project)
- how the impact of these results could be implemented in different contexts (transferability of the impact)
- how these results are recognized by having been published by scientific journals or by governmental or non-governmental official bodies
- how the impact of these results is/has been sustainable in time (sustainability of the impact)
Expert reviewers evaluate the evidences of the results provided by the project members and give each project a score ranging from 1 to 10, according the degree of fulfillment of SIOR criteria. A score of 1 implies that the project has achieved some improvement or that it is connected to one official target.
- Increase the content of different language versions of Wikipedia on the basis of scientific material.
- Identify the items that may be extended and link them with SIOR.
How to cite[modifica]
- Describe the social impact in order to create a logical link to the evidence chosen from SIOR. The main reason for this is that the social impact must be adapted to the article someone wants to improve with scientific knowledge generated by the research, so it could be accessible for all types of publics, both academic and non-academic.
- Follow the standard format to include your evidence of social impact
- In order to edit an article on Wikipedia, create your own user. One of the benefits of the registration is that you can discuss any changes with the owner of the article.
- Once registered, in the edit mode tap the button "Cite" and choose the column "Manual".
- Choose the item "Website" and decide the type of citation. Recommendation: choose "Website" in order to insert a SIOR evidence of Social Impact.
- Enter all the required information and tap the button "Insert".
URL: Insert the link of each social impact from SIOR. Keep in mind that the correct link is the one that shows the description, the indicator and the link to the social impact evidence.
Title: insert the description of the social impact followed by [Social Impact] tag. Then, add the acronym, the title of the project and the (implementation years). After, insert the funding agency name or the framework program under which the project has been developed.
Website: Add SIOR, Social Impact Open Repository
- Once inserted, check the final format.
|Names of the articles (language)||Elements of Wikidata||Links of SIOR||Observations|
Jaciment arqueològic d'Atapuerca(ca)
Yacimientos de la Sierra de Atapuerca(es)
|Education in Spain(en)
Educación en España(es)
Sistema educatiu d'Espanya(ca)
|Grup de recerca CREA(ca)
Initiatives to prevent sexual violence(en)
Acoso sexual en la educación(es)
Centre of Research in Theories and Practices that Overcome Inequalities(en)
European Roma Rights Centre(en)
Decade of Roma Inclusion(en)
Década para la inclusión gitana(es)
Dècada per a la integració gitana(ca)
Historia del pueblo gitano(es)
Romani society and culture(en)
Pueblo gitano en España(es)
Ethnic groups in Europe(en)
Disability and poverty(en)
Education in Kenya(en)
|Corruption in Romania(en)
Corruption in the Czech Republic(en)
Corruption in Azerbaijan(en)
Corruption in Bosnia and Herzegovina(en)
Reciclador de base(es)
Street Vendors Act, 2014(en)
Self Employed Women's Association(en)
Women in India(en)
Occupational safety and health(en)
Reducción de la pobreza(es)
Economy of South Africa(en)
|Sistemas inteligentes de transporte(es)
Intelligent transportation system(en)
Modelización de transporte(es)
Water resource management(en)
|Arquitectura y sostenibilidad social(es)
Dret a l'habitatge(ca)
Right to housing(en)
Vivienda en España(es)
- SIOR (Social Impact Open Repository) is the first repository of open access designed to display, share and store the social impact of the results of scientific research, a non-profit initiative aimed at promoting the research of social impact.
- Amical Wikimedia, the Association Amical Wikimedia is an association of wikipedia collaborators of the various related projects of Wikimedia in Catalan, legally established as a non-profit association. The objective and main mission is the sum of all human knowledge available to anyone.
- Lluis_tgn, responsable for wiki.
- Viquiprojecte:Xucladors, project reference where the tasks of transferring mass data, references, images, etc are centralized from the source Wikipedia.
- Articles of Wikipedia in English that do not exist in Catalan about the subject: