- Si us plau, ajudeu a traduir-ho al vostre idioma. Gràcies!.
Over the years many issues have been discovered from our engineering colleagues regarding the Education Extension, including security concerns. For this reason, and with a viable alternative platform available, we are starting the process to deprecate the extension and having it uninstalled where it has been activated. This includes this wiki Special:Courses.
This means that the following steps will be taken:
- New programs are discouraged from using the extension and encouraged to use the Programs and Events Dashboard.
- Current ongoing programs will be supported, until the month of June, 2018.
- On June 30, 2018, the Education Extension will be shut down.
- If you are still running an education program that uses the Education Extension, please take the appropriate measures and also reach out to your colleagues and communities so they are also aware.
It should be noted that data of previous programs that ran on the Education Extension will remain safe, and we are working on documenting how to access that data.
Thus, we invite all Education Program Leaders (and users of the Education Extension) to take the online training for the dashboard so that you can benefit from this tool and make your work easier.
Did you know you can also use the P&E Dashboard at edit-a-thons, writing competitions, and other Wiki-based activities? More training courses for the dashboard are available here, so take a look!
Do you need to communicate with us about this?
- If you have comments or questions, please reach out to the Education Team at educationwikimedia.org, or the Programs and Events Dashboard group at dashboardwikimedia.org.
- If you use Phabricator, you can also go to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125618.
- You are also welcome to share questions and comments on outreach.wikimedia.org.
-- On behalf of the Education Team 20:56, 8 març 2018 (CET)